False Creek Racing Canoe Club is dedicated to furthering paddle sport racing; the guidelines below are to assist the Club in managing requests to use Club equipment or resources for this purpose.
Please keep in mind that FCRCC is not an “equipment rental” organization.
- For any team (in any team-paddling discipline) requesting an additional practice slot:
- the request must go through the appropriate Program Head or Discipline Rep.
- once the request is approved, a fee of $100 ($50 for non-prime time DB slots) is required to secure the slot (payable to FCRCC in cash or cheque at the FCRCC office)
- 2 no-charge practice slots per Active Season are available to all DB teams with current Agreements
- Full-Member DB Teams do not pay for extra practice slots
- FCRCC Programs do not pay for extra practice slots
- funds collected will be earmarked for the related Discipline’s Athletes Fund
- For any Program requesting use of Club equipment for an event (i.e., a race, regatta, clinic, etc.):
- the event must be brought to the attention of the appropriate Program Head or Discipline Rep by submitting an Application for Use of FCRCC Equipment or Resouces form at least one month in advance of the event
- the Application will be reviewed and a decision on it made by the Club Executive, at the next regular meeting1 after it is received
- if the Application is approved, the event must be advertised as an FCRCC event
- 15% of the gross revenue from the event must be remitted to the Club (or, if the Program wishes, all the revenue will be handled thorugh the Club office, and proceeds less the 15% & any applicable HST will be returned to the program)
- the 15% fee will be earmarked for the related Discipline’s Athletes Fund
- Office space or room rental must be paid for by the requestor.
- For any request coming from an individual or organization:
- an Application for Use of FCRCC Equipment or Resouces form must be submitted to the Club Executive, no less than one month before the the requested usage date
- the Application will be reviewed and a decision on it made by the Club Executive, at the next regular meeting after it is received
- Fees will be determined by the Executive
- Funds received will be earmarked to a related Discipline’s Athletes Fund, or other appropriate professional development fund within the Club
1 The Executive meets in the second week of every month. Applications will be processed at that time; please plan accordingly for how quickly you require approval.