Adult Intro to Flatwater Program (April to September)
This program is for paddlers who are new to the sport of sprint canoe/kayak. The learning objectives of this program include becoming familiar with sprint boats and equipment care, working on balance, and building an understanding of paddling technique through drills and workouts. Paddlers will also have opportunities to try team boats and participate in local races, including our season finisher, Pacific Cup! Initial practices will be held inside Alder Bay but may extend outside of the bay, as paddlers become more comfortable.
Schedule may change during regattas weeks. e.g., having a weekday practice to prep for a weekend regatta
If you would like to additionally paddle outside of our scheduled program time, you will need to purchase a membership.
If you are planning to race at any regattas this year, race fees and your $45 CKBC insurance fee will be collected separately.
Registration Link: Coming soon!
Where to meet:
Come find us at the Canoe/Kayak boat shed next to the tennis courts and parking lot. To find this, starting from the False Creek Community Centre, walk along the boardwalk so that the tennis courts are on your left and water on your right. Once past the tennis courts, there will be a boat shed just on your left.
You can change at the community centre, and leave your stuff in the boat shed since it will be locked up. There are also lockers available in the community centre.
What to bring:
- appropriate clothes for paddling
- extra clothes for changing into afterwards
- water bottle
- (if this is your first day) a completed Adult Waiver
Adult Competitive Sprint Program (year round)
This program is aimed towards paddlers looking to make physical and technical developments in sprint canoe / kayak throughout the racing season. Paddlers will also be given a weekly training program (paddles, weights, running, etc…).
Please email email@example.com for group practice times.
Membership: You must be a member of the club. Please see Individual Membership for details on getting your membership. If you are planning to race at any regattas this year, race fees and your $45 CKBC insurance fee will be collected separately.
- May 4-5 – Season Opener Regatta – Whonnock Lake, Maple Ridge
- June 8-9 – Ted Houk Regatta – Green Lake, Seattle
- June 15 – Bellingham Regatta – Lake Padden, Bellingham, WA
- July 20 – Provincials / Nationals Qualifiers – Shumway Lake, Kamloops
- July 29 – Ridge Invitational Regatta – Whonnock Lake, Maple Ridge
- Aug 24-31 – Canadian Nationals – Sherbrooke, QC
- Sept 1 – CANMAS Canadian Masters– Sherbrooke, QC
If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org