Adult Surfski – Level 2
This course of is the extension of level 1 with the goal at the end of the course is to be confident paddling in surfski in a rough water with the proper technique and balance.
The eight sessions, twice a week will cover:
- Improving stroke technique
- Comfortable to paddle in a rough water
- Effect of wind, weather, tides boat traffic in False Creek. How to confidently paddle in these conditions.
- Basic paddling safety
5 (The club has 5 Surfskis)
Dates (8 Sessions):
Sunday afternoons and Thursday evenings
- August 23
- August 27
- August 30
- September 3
- September 6
- September 10
- September 13
- September 17
Sunday 12:15 to 1:45 pm (90 minutes) and
Thursday 6:15 to 7:45 pm (90 minutes)
$280 plus GST
- Must be a full member of the FCRCC club
- Have completed Adult Surfski – Level 1
Paddlers require to provide their own PFD.
Note that parking is still free on Granville island. As of July 7th, the False Creek Community Centre is still closed so access to washrooms and change rooms on Granville island is limited.