Introduction to Surfski – The goal at the end of sessions is to have paddlers confident in taking the surfski out in the Creek themselves.
Please note these session run for 1.5 hours
Maximum for session: 5 x 4 sessions. (The club has 5 Surfskis)
WHAT: 4 session program for those wanting to try a new club boat. The 4 sessions will cover:
- Removing the boats from East Shed and returning boats with COVID Club Protocol
- How to enter and exit from dock,
- How to recover from capsize
- How to choose a wingblade paddle, proper grip
- Basic paddling strokes, navigational
- Effect of wind, weather, tides boat traffic in False Creek. How to confidently paddle in these conditions.
- Paddlers are to provide their own PFD, paddles will be provided by FCRCC
COACH: Andrew Sugianto
COST: $35 per session per paddler. Each session 1.5 hours = $140.
DATES: June 28 – July 19th – Sunday mornings 9.30 – 11 am.
To register: Click here
Note that parking is still free on Granville island. As of June 20th, the False Creek Community Centre is still closed so access to washrooms and change rooms on Granville island is limited.