Surfski – Level 1: This is the year to try something different and access the FCRCC club surfskis. Expand your paddling horizons!
The goal at the end of sessions is to have paddlers confident in taking the surfski out in the Creek themselves.
Please note these session run for 1.5 hours
Maximum for session: 5 x 4 sessions. (The club has 5 Surfskis)
WHAT: 4 session program for those wanting to try a new club boat. The 4 sessions will cover:
- Removing the boats from East Shed and returning boats with COVID Club Protocol
- How to enter and exit from dock,
- How to recover from capsize
- How to choose a wingblade paddle, proper grip
- Basic paddling strokes, navigational
- Effect of wind, weather, tides boat traffic in False Creek. How to confidently paddle in these conditions.
- Paddlers are to provide their own PFD, paddles will be provided by FCRCC
COACH: Andrew Sugianto
COST: Each session 1.5 hours = $140.
DATES: July 26 to August 16 – Sunday mornings 9.30 – 11 am.
Membership: Must be a full member of the FCRCC club
To register: Click here
Note that parking is still free on Granville island. As of July 7th, the False Creek Community Centre is still closed so access to washrooms and change rooms on Granville island is limited.