Click here for the FCRCC Spring Knockout 2023 Results
THANK YOU to all participants for coming out to our FCRCC 200m Knockout this past Saturday, we hope you enjoyed yourselves and had a blast racing!
THANK YOU to all our staff who made this event possible in the organizing and running of this event, it really does take a group effort to make this happen!
- False Creek Racing Canoe Club
- FCRCC Masters Dragon Boat team
- Dragon Zone Paddling Club
- Beverley’s First Aid
FCRCC gratefully acknowledges that the 2023 Knockout Regatta has been funded in part by, grants from viaSport and the Province of British Columbia.
If you have any awesome photos that you would like to share please tag False Creek Racing Canoe Club on Facebook and Instagram! Our Facebook events page will have some photos and videos up shortly too!
Good luck in all your other races this year, and we hope to see you next year!
As an early update for next year’s Knockout Regatta… There will be some changes.
- For Women’s teams, (whether in a separate women’s division or not) ALL paddlers, steers, and drummers MUST be female. Please read the DBC rules of racing if you are unclear about this rule.
Click here for the 2023 Knockout Race Package V1
- If changes are needed to the Race Grid, please contact the Race Director at email@example.com BEFORE TUESDAY, MAY 9TH BY 5:00 PM. Any further requests after this will not be accepted.
- The final Race Grid will be updated on this website page, as well as sent out via email to all teams racing, on Thursday, May 11th.
RACE DAY DETAILS:
7:15 AM – 8:15 AM: Team Manager Check-In: Waiver Drop off
8:15 AM – 8:30 AM: Managers Meeting – Meet in front of the Race Headquarters Tent
8:30 AM: Pre-marshaling Teams
9:00 AM – 4:00 PM (Appx): 200m Races and Knockout Rounds
In the Knockout Challenge, there are 3 back to back races with 6 or 7 boats in the starting heat. After each heat, teams have a total of 5 minutes to get back to the start line for the next round.
The first round – The last boat gets knocked out, and the rest proceed back to the start line.
The second round – The last 1 or 2 boats get knocked out (for a 7-boat heat – 2 boats get knocked out, 6-boat heat – 1 boat gets knocked out), and 4 boats proceed back to the start line.
The third and final round – The 4 teams race off! GOOD LUCK!
All participants are required to print and sign their waivers prior to the team’s first race of the day. Waivers can be handed in at the Race Headquarters tent in front of the Marshaling tents. Please add your team’s name on the waiver form.
DBC CARD CHECKS
All teams wishing to use this regatta as a qualifier race MUST submit their roster at least one week prior to the event. Racers must present their DBC IDs or Government-issued Photo IDs in the marshaling area at least 10 minutes prior to their heat being marshaled. No other IDs will be accepted unless authorized by DBC.
COVID SAFETY PROTOCOLS
We are privileged to have access to Dragon Zone Paddling Club’s equipment and facilities in order to host the Knockout Regatta. All racers and attendees are expected to respect and comply with Dragon Zone’s active COVID protocols during their time at the regatta. Click here to review Dragon Zone’s current Communicable Disease Prevention.
An addendum for any special events will be created and posted during the event. Safety protocols for the event will be adjusted from time to time in response to active Provincial Health Orders, and visitors and participants should expect that measures may change with little or no notice.
- Anyone Feeling unwell, waiting for COVID test results, or testing positive for COVID-19 is required to stay home.
- Masks are encouraged in highly condensed areas (marshaling and on the docks).
- Masks and hand sanitizer can be available at Race headquarters for anyone that requires some.
RACE RULES AND REGULATIONS
Please review the Rules of Racing as per DBC for specifics of racing and team compositions.
FCRCC thanks the FCRCC Masters Dragon Boat Team for making this year’s event a success!! Please remember to thank them when you see them on race day!
If there are questions regarding the FCRCC Knockout, please reach out to the Race Director at firstname.lastname@example.org or on the day of the regatta call/text 604.684.RACE (7223).
Good luck to all teams and have fun!
Update – April 10th, 2023
To comply with Dragon Boat Canada as a qualifying regatta for Canadian Nationals, a special race division for those teams wanting to qualify as a small crew (10-person in a standard boat)
- Mixed – Min 4 and max 5 paddlers of each gender.
- Women – Must be an all-female crew, including the steersperson.
- Aged Divisions – See Dragon Boat Canada’s Rules of Racing for specifics, it is the team’s responsibility to ensure compliance.
Update – February 22nd, 2023
- Reduced capacity of teams to 30 from 49 – 2 SPOTS AVAILABLE
- Women’s Knockout round will be capped at 7 boats – REGISTRATION FULL
- Open Knockout round is canceled
Time: Full-day event! First race is scheduled to start at 8:00 AM
Race Distance: 200m
Location: Creekside Paddling Centre, 1 Athletes Way, Vancouver, BC V5Y 0B1
Cost: Early Bird (on or before March 12th, 2023)
Adult Teams: $850 (+GST)
Junior (U24) / Senior (60+): $700 (+GST)
Regular Cost (After March 12th)
Adult Teams: $925 (+GST)
Junior (U24) / Senior (60+): $775 (+GST)
To contact the Race Director, please contact programs(at)fcrcc.com for further information.
All teams will be registered in one division and will race: (max 30 teams)
2 Qualifier Heats – straight-way dash
1 Semi-Final Heat – straight-way dash
Final Knockout Round (min 1; max 3 back-to-back straight-way dashes)
Additional Registrations available for:
Women’s Knockout Round – max 7 teams – FULL
Open Division straight-way dash – max 7 teams – CANCELED
DBC – Small crew Qualifier – 200m straight way dash – max 7 teams ($78.75) – ADDED
All races are DBC qualifiers.