This program will focus on developing advanced canoe and kayak skills, competitive development and refining skills under race conditions, building strength, speed and endurance, and effective goal setting. Paddlers are expected to attend both on-water and off-water practices, as well as train on their own according to a provided training schedule. Athletes are also expected to attend the majority of regattas throughout the racing season as defined during the pre-season’s goal setting period with the coaches.
New paddlers – please register for our Intro to paddling fundamentals program to first acquire essential initial skills.
For youth aged U17/U18 and up (16 years old or older on Jan 1st of this year).
- Have a positive attitude and willingness to learn, ask questions, and improve.
- Willingness to participate in a variety of training (on and off water).
- Intermediate boat skills (comfortable doing long workouts outside of Alder Bay).
- Enjoy sport and demonstrate sportsmanship and teamwork.
- Proactive in learning more about the sport, goal-setting, and assessing training and competition.
- Advanced boat skills – canoe/kayak skills, balance and boat control, wash riding.
- aerobic capacity, endurance, strength, speed – paddlers at this level will be given a weekly Training program.
- Race planning.
- Effective goal setting.
- Develop healthy nutritional habits and time management skills.
- Attending local and out-of-town regattas.
- Prep for National-level / International regattas (e.g., Canadian Championships, Olympic Hopes).
Spring & Summer (Apr-Sept) 6-month program – $1795 + gst
*includes regatta fees (excluding National team trials & Canadian national championships)
**10% sibling discount available when registering multiple kids into our racing programs
Use this registration link to register for our high performance program
(Select ‘Flatwater Racing Programs’ from the filters to see our racing programs)