This program will continue to teach paddlers about the various elements of training and competition with a focus on developing intermediate canoe and kayak skills and endurance and effective goal setting (both on and off the water). Paddlers are expected to attend both on-water and off-water practices (i.e., dryland training such as running, body exercises, stretching), and are expected to attend a variety of regattas throughout the racing season.
New paddlers – please register for our Intro to paddling fundamentals program to first acquire essential initial skills.
For youth aged U15/U16 (kids who were 14-15 years old on Jan 1st of this year).
*U16 age category means you were under 16 on Jan 1st of this year.
- Have a positive attitude and willingness to listen and learn!
- Willingness to participate in weekly dryland training (e.g., running, body exercises, stretches).
- Advanced boat skills (able to balance in a sprint canoe/kayak, comfortable paddling outside of Alder Bay for a 90min practice).
- Willingness to participate in regattas to gain essential racing experience.
- Enjoy sport and demonstrate sportsmanship and teamwork.
- Have great listening skills.
- Intermediate boat skills – canoe/kayak skills, balance and boat control.
- Aerobic capacity, agility, flexibility, endurance.
- Effective goal setting for the season.
- Attending local and out-of-town regattas.
Spring & Summer (Apr-Sept) 6-month program – $1595 + gst
*includes regatta fees (excluding National team trials & Canadian national championships)
**10% sibling discount available when registering multiple kids into our racing programs
Use this registration link to register for our junior racing development program
(Select ‘Flatwater Racing Programs’ from the filters to see our racing programs)
Fall/Winter Program (Sept – March)
- Mon – On your own strength workout (to be provided by coaches)
- Tue | 5:30-7:30pm – Canoe/Kayak Paddle
- Wed | 6:15-7:45am – Canoe/Kayak Paddle | 4:30-6pm – Strength training at GymBox
- Thu | 5:30-7:30pm – Canoe/Kayak Paddle
- Fri | 4:30-6pm – Strength training at GymBox
- Sat | 10am-12:30pm – Canoe/Kayak Paddle + Running
- Sun | 8-10am – Canoe/Kayak Paddle
Spring/Summer Program (April – Sept)
- 6-8 practices a week, various days/times (to be confirmed)
- Plus participation in weekend races (see calendar for race schedule)