FCRCC OC1 Time Trial Boat reservations
The following policy is for multiple-boat and/or time-slot reservations for Program Time Trials and for SBCs and other courses offered by FCRCC.
When must boats be reserved?
- OC1s being used by teams for any time trials must be booked in advance. This includes the initial team time trials and all make up sessions.
- Reservations will be accepted for make-up time trials on the condition that the boats are available and the request meets club criteria.
How many time trials can be booked?
- There is no set limit on the number of time trials per program per year.
- Only one time trial per program per weekend is permitted.
When must the Time trial requests be submitted?
- Teams submitting their requests prior to January 15th each year can submit up to two choices.
- After January 15th, time trial slots will be assigned on a first come, first served basis.
- Requests must be received at least 4 weeks in advance.
How do reservations get approved?
- All reservations are submitted for approval to the Club Administrator who will respond to the request with the assistance of the Executive, as required.
What time periods are available for booking time trials?
- Time trials may not be booked in any Prime-time slots.
- Prime- time is Monday to Thursday from 6 pm to sunset, Saturdays from 9:30 am to noon and Sunday from 9:30 am to noon (9 am from May to September). These prime time slots will be held for club members boat usage. Specific club programs may book in prime time. (ex. SBC sessions, Club time trials)
- The Executive may grant exemptions in special circumstances (e.g., a time trial during a National Training Camp). Please submit a request for such an exemption no later than the beginning of the month proceeding your special event.
- There can be up to four time trials booked per weekend in non-prime time slots only. All bookings will be documented on the club calendar and available on the FCRCC website under schedules-membership-boat reservation schedule.
How long can the time trial last?
- There is no limit to the length of the time trial but the time trial reservations should include the start and stop time as there may be multiple bookings in one day.
- The Club’s standard 10 Minute Rule applies to all boats reserved for a time trial or other multi-boat use. (If boats are not being used 10 minutes past the reservation time then they are open to club members. Club members using boats must return them at least 10 minutes prior to the booked time trial session)
What boats can be reserved?
- The maximum number of boats that can be utilized for a time trial or team practice is up to 8 Clions, 5 Mitos, 1 Teva Nui, and/or 5 Marathon Canoes. .
- The number of boats needed and the reserved time span may be estimated within reason at the time of booking, but must be more tightly defined at least 2 weeks in advance of the date of the reservation (exact time and number of boats needed).