- Reservation weeks are from Saturday to Friday
- New reservation times are released on Wednesday morning starting at approximately 10:00 am
- The release sequence of boat’s schedules: Marathon Canoe, V1, C-Lion, Huki and Surfski
- New schedule releases are done manually so the cycle to have all reservation times released for all boats for any given week can take up to 2 hours depending on how many interruptions there are (the person doing the releases works full-time and volunteers her time to do the releases in-between work demands) and how many programs are running that week which requires boats to be removed immediately from being available as the schedule gets released
- Reservations are first come, first served but in the event that you are faster than our volunteer and book into a time slot that is needed by a program, your reservation will get cancelled.
- Boat availability indicators:
Status: Free (0/2); Colour: Green; Two boats are available for that time slot and both are available
Status: Partially booked (2/3); Colour: Orange; 3 boats are available for that time slot but 2 have been booked
- 24-hours is the magic number for both boat bookings and cancellations:
- Reservations must be made at least 24-hours prior to the start time of the booking
- If you need to cancel a reservation, please do so as soon as possible so other members may be able to use the boat
- If you need to cancel within 24-hours, please email us with your reason for cancellation prior to the start of your reservation, at FCRCC.EquipBooking@gmail.com. If no email with reason is received, that booking will be considered a ‘No Show’.
- No Shows – failure to notify us in a timely manner of your cancellation will constitute a ‘No Show’ demerit. After two demerits, the balance of your reservations for that week will be cancelled and your privilege to make new reservations for the following week will be suspended.
The reservation system : FCRCC Small Boat Reservation System
Here are some additional information about the reservation system that you may not know:
If you have any questions or are having trouble with the system, please email us at FCRCC.EquipBooking@gmail.com and someone will get back to you as soon as possible.
Have a great paddle!
False Creek Racing Canoe Club