Implementing the BC Provincial Health order – November 20, 2020
In response to the BC Provincial Health order and direction issued yesterday, the FCRCC is adopting the following procedures:
- All OC-6 practices, and the Senior C and Premier teams’ non-coached workouts, are cancelled until December 7.
- OC1s, Marathon canoes, V1s, Surfski, and private boats remain accessible to members at this time.
- In the Burrard Compound, it is even more important that you do not socialize. Any type of socializing in the compound is a high risk of being in violation of these orders in addition to being a health risk.
- Fraser Health Region members are strongly encouraged not to travel to the club to access club boats. Please wait for clarification before you attend practices.
What are the boundaries of the Vancouver Coastal Health region?
- Vancouver Coastal Health region ends at Boundary Road, the south arm of the Fraser River, and north of Pemberton/Whistler/Lund : Vancouver coastal health region map
What are the boundaries of the Fraser Health region?
- Fraser Health region begins east of Boundary Road, and south of the south arm of the Fraser River. https://www.fraserhealth.ca/about-us/about-fraser-health#
The safety and cleaning protocols that have been put in place at the club are working and we say a big THANK YOU to everyone for following these protocols. It is because of you, the members, that we are able to continue to keep the club open at this current time.
As always, we will advise you of any changes to the BC Provincial Health orders which affect the club’s operations. Please continue to do your part to help everyone stay safe and healthy through these uncertain times.
If you have any questions, please reach out to the Executive.
False Creek Racing Canoe Club
Additional information can be found on these sites:
Provincial wide restrictions: Click here