Our CanoeKids summer camp is a great way to introduce kids (ages 8-11) to sprint canoe and kayak paddling in a fun and safe environment. Each of our weekly camps run Monday through Friday 8:30am-Noon and will be taught by our Certified CanoeKids summer camp coaches. The camps will consist of a lot of fun games and activities both on the water and off, and are a great way for kids to meet other kids in the community, learn about teamwork, grow in self-confidence, and most of all…have fun!
At the end of the week, each paddler will have acquired a new set of paddling skills and hopefully some new friends from the camp!
Done CanoeKids before? – Sign up for our Regatta Regatta Summer Camp program where you will get to learn more advanced skills and paddle styles of boats beyond what you learn and paddle in CanoeKids!
SUMMER CAMP REGISTRATION – SUMMER 2020
**Update – May 24, 2020**
Registrations have re-opened. In order to adhere to COVID-19 public health guidelines and Return To Play guidelines, we have reduced our camp times to half days and our group sizes. After care has also been cancelled. Thank you for your cooperation and patience as we prioritize the health and safety of our paddlers. We will continue to monitor the guidelines and re-assess as needed.
Week 1 – June 29-July 3 (no camp on July 1st holiday)
Week 2 – July 6-10
Week 3 – July 13-17
Week 4 – July 20-24
Week 5 – July 27-31
Week 6 – Aug 4-7 (no camp on Aug 3rd holiday)
Week 7 – Aug 10-14
Week 8 – Aug 17-21
Week 9 – Aug 24-28
Week 10 – Aug 31-Sept 4
Capacity – 12 kids per week
8 to 11 years of age (on January 1st, 2020)
- $150+gst (for week 1 and week 6) – 4-day pricing will appear at checkout
- Go to: CANOEKIDS SUMMER CAMP REGISTRATION
- Either use an existing account if you have one, or choose to register new participants.
- Indicate the number of participants you would like to register.
- Select all the weeks your kid(s) will attend (and after care as well if needed). See Refund Policy below.
- Fill out the participant(s) details.
- Review the cart, and proceed to checkout.
- Upon payment, please save the confirmation for your records.
- That’s it! Can’t wait to see you at the camp! We will be sending more details out to participants closer to the start date.
Please contact email@example.com if you require any assistance with your registration.
Summer Camp Frequently Asked Questions
Where is the camp located? (Signing in / signing out)
We are located just behind the False Creek Community Center (please see attached map of the area). At the start of every day, please sign in your kid(s) with the instructor in charge of attendance right by the wooden benches. In case you are running late, the kids will likely be starting off the day with a land game/activity on the grass area near the benches. Please find us there and sign in with one of the instructors. The instructors will be wearing white and red False Creek jerseys (these are our racing jerseys! :).
At the end of each camp day, when you pick up your kids, please make sure you have signed them out with the instructor in charge of sign outs. We just want to make sure all the kids are accounted for. We understand that some kids may be getting to and from the camps on their own so please let us know if that is the case so we know.
Note: Please let us know if you will be missing any days / need to leave early, etc. so we know.
What should I bring to the camp?
Here is a suggested list of items to bring:
– running shoes (in case they do some running on the grass, safer than running in flip flops)
– paddling shoes / sandals
– clothes to paddle in (e.g., wetsuit, athletic wear – shirts/shorts). There is definitely a chance that the kids will get wet so something that is quick drying is recommended as opposed to cotton.
– extra extra clothes to change into afterwards / during breaks if needed
– jacket / rain gear – weather dependent
– lifejacket (optional) – All kids will be required to wear lifejackets. We have a lot of lifejackets at the club but if you have your own, you are welcome to bring it. Please label it with your kid’s name.
– a towel
– a packed lunch
– water bottle – there is a water fountain nearby if needed. I recommend labelling the water bottle as well.
– shower items – there are showers available at the community center if needed at the end of the day
Where do we meet?
Please sign in / out with an instructor by the wooden benches:
How are the kids divided into groups during camp?
During the camp, we will divide the kids into groups, typically based on age, so that the kids can learn with other kids around their age. However, we also know that many kids have signed up with their friends, so please let us know who they are so we can try to have them in the same group. If there is a big age gap though, we will be grouping them with others around their age as we’ve found it quite difficult in the past to run effective camps when a, for example, an 8 year old wants to be with their 11 year old sibling. We assure they will have more fun and learn more effectively with others their age.
How much time is spent on the water?
We spend every day on the water. We also do a bit of land games to mix it up so the kids don’t get too tired from being on the water all day.
What sort of fun do you do at the camps?
We play tons of games! In fact, everything we do has some sort of game element to it so that the kids have fun. So for example, we may teach them a new paddling technique, and then they have to apply that skill in a game of canoe tag or simon says or something. Our land games are all games that kids may have played before like Octopus, or even variations of soccer, etc. We may even play in the water park or playground if there is time.
What payment types are accepted?
We accept Visa, Mastercard, Visa Debit and Mastercard Debit.
I noticed this year there is no cheque or Pay Later option. Why is that?
This year, payment is required upon checkout, because in the past, either cheques were mailed to us really late, or payments were not made at all. So to avoid that, we require payment now upon registration.
What is your cancellation policy?
Our cancellation policy is:
– 90% refund of the registration fee if cancelling at least 30 days before the camp week to cover admin fees.
– less than 30 days is a 75% refund
– less than 14 days, it’s 50%.
– less than 7 days would be 0%.
If you require a refund, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org