Our Regatta Ready Summer Camp program is for kids who want to dive right into some more advanced paddling concepts and try out some racing boats! It is geared towards introducing kids (ages 10-15) to the next level of sprint canoe/kayak paddling (beyond CanoeKids). It focuses on getting kids involved in a healthy and active lifestyle, with an emphasis on developing canoe/kayak paddling skills.
We have two program options:
- 2-3 week camp option – this option is for kids who want to try out the program for 2-3 weeks. At the end of the program, we will put on a fun mini-regatta to show-off some of the skills they’ve learned and gain some introductory racing skills! If you can’t make all the days in the camp, that’s no problem. Our program is meant to be low-cost to account for any missed days here and there, while still offering kids opportunities to paddle and develop advanced paddling fundamentals.
- 10-week camp option – this option is ideal for kids who want to be on the water all summer and for parents who want a program that is flexible to their summer schedule (e.g., summer vacations) while keeping their kids active and busy! Kids in this program spend each week building their skills and fitness, and by the end of the 10 weeks, they will have the opportunity to apply those skills at a fun end of season regatta called Pacific Cup! This program is also a taster of where they could go in the sport, with an opportunity to try out racing as well. After the program, if the paddler is interested they can join the Full Season Racing Program if they want.
Extending your registration: You can extend your registration to the rest of summer (until Sept 8 to include Pacific Cup) anytime! Your paid amount will simply be deducted from the 10-week option rate and may be further reduced depending on which week you are extending from.
Participating in Pacific Cup: Any kids (not just the ones in the 10-week program) can participate in the Pacific Cup regatta as long as they do a minimum of 3 weeks of camp this summer just to ensure they have the required skills to participate. We will have some additional practices leading up to the event to prep the team.
Join our Sprint Racing Team: Some of the kids from our Junior Sprint Racing team will also be training during the camp times. We will occasionally mix up groups and paddle some team boats! This gives the kids in the Regatta Ready program a chance to meet some of the kids in our racing program, and learn a bit more about the sport.
SUMMER CAMP REGISTRATION – SUMMER 2019
Registration now open! Early Bird ends April 15th!
10 to 15 years old (under 15 years old on Jan 1st, 2019)
|2-3 Week Camp Options||July 2-12 (2 weeks) – M-F 9am-4pm|
July 15-26 (2 weeks) – M-F 9am-4pm
July 29-Aug 16 (3 weeks) – M-F 9am-4pm
*no camp on Aug 5th holiday
Aug 19-30 (2 weeks) – M-F 9am-4pm
|15 kids per camp||$365-405+gst Early Bird (by Apr 15th)|
|Full Summer Camp Option (approx. 10 weeks)|| July 2 – Sept 8 – M-F 9am-4pm|
*no camp on Aug 5th holiday
Sept TBD (after school various days)
Sept 7-8 PACIFIC CUP REGATTA! 🙂 A fun 2-day regatta in Maple Ridge, BC that’s great for new paddlers. They will get to participate in a variety of races including singles and team boats! Our team has won the Pacific Cup the last 2 years in a row!
***NOW PRORATED TO $195+gst for the rest of the summer (until Sept 15)!
$795+gst Early Bird (by Apr 15th)
$825+gst Regular (can switch to this option anytime!)
Price includes Pacific Cup regatta fees!
Additional Pricing Options:
Family 10% Discount (for siblings only) – Use discount coupon code FAMILYPADDLE if registering multiple participants from the same family to receive a 10% discount.
You can extend your registration to the rest of summer (until Sept 8 to include Pacific Cup) anytime! Your paid amount will simply be deducted from the 10-week option rate and may be further reduced depending on which week you are extending from.
- After care is available from 4-5pm after the camp for an additional $50/week ($40 for 4-day camp weeks)
- Capacity – 10 kids per week
- Add it to your REGATTA READY CAMP REGISTRATION, OR, add it on afterwards: AFTER CARE REGISTRATION
- Go to: REGATTA READY 2019 SUMMER PROGRAM
- Either use an existing account if you have one, or choose to register new participants.
- Indicate the number of participants you would like to register.
- Fill out the participant(s) details.
- Review the cart, and proceed to checkout.
- Upon payment, please save the confirmation for your records.
- That’s it! Can’t wait to see you at the camp! We will be sending more details out to participants closer to the start date.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you require any assistance with your registration.
Frequently Asked Questions
How is this different from our Full Season Racing Programs?
Our Full Season Racing Program focuses on long-term athlete development, and thus, geared towards kids who know they have an interest in the sport, and would like to join the FCRCC Youth Sprint Canoe/Kayak team. The team participates in regattas, camps, events, fundraisers, and more together throughout the year. In other words, this program helps kids develop their athletic abilities over a longer-term, and helps them explore more opportunities in the sport, like participating in BC Summer Games, Canada Summer Games and more!
So after 10-weeks, if your son/daughter is interested in continuing in paddling, that’s great! They can continue to paddle in the Fall with us!
What if I can’t make all 10 weeks? Can I just sign up for specific weeks?
It’s the summer so we understand that people may take vacation here and there. That’s no problem at all! Just make what you can.
It’s designed to be a progressive program but it is also adaptive to each paddler’s development and skills. So even if you miss a few camps here and there, that’s no problem. Rather than allowing participants to sign up for only a few weeks here and there, we wanted some continuity in the program where the same kids are starting out together, and finishing the program together. The continuity will help the kids and coaches develop better relationships, strengthen team skills, and overall, be a lot more productive in terms of learning and development. Our goal for the 10 weeks: the kids will have made a bunch of new friends, have acquired some great new skills and knowledge, and learned lots about paddling
What is your cancellation policy?
Our cancellation policy is:
– 90% refund of the registration fee if cancelling at least 30 days before the camp week to cover admin fees.
– less than 30 days is a 75% refund
– less than 14 days, it’s 50%.
– less than 7 days would be 0%.