Our paddling camps are a great way to introduce kids to sprint canoe and kayak paddling in a fun and safe environment. The camps are taught by our NCCP Certified coaches, and consist of a lot of fun games and activities both on the water and off. They are a great way for kids to meet other kids in the community, learn about teamwork, grow in self-confidence, and most of all…have fun!
What You Will Learn:
The camp will consist of a dry land component involving games and developing fundamental movement skills, as well as a paddling component where kids will learn the foundations of canoe and kayak paddling.
Date / Time:
Spring 2022 – TBA
Capacity – 10 kids (first come first serve)
8 to 13 years of age
- Go to registration page
- Use the filters to help you find the desired program by applying the Class filter Flatwater.
- Add the desired programs from the Session List to your shopping cart. Adjust the quantities as needed.
- Click ‘Continue’ in your shopping cart to start the checkout process.
- Complete the Registration Information
- Continue to cart.
- Review cart. (Please IGNORE the Active Refund section. This is a section provided by the registration system, ACTIVE Network, not us, FCRCC. So please select ‘NO’. Our refund policy is simply listed at the bottom of this page.)
- Fill in payment details and complete check out.
- Upon payment, please save the confirmation for your records.
- That’s it! Can’t wait to see you at the club!
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you require any assistance with your registration.
Frequently Asked Questions
Where is the camp located? (Signing in / signing out)
We are located just behind the False Creek Community Center (please see attached map of the area). At the start of every day, please sign in your kid(s) with the instructor in charge of attendance right by the wooden benches. In case you are running late, the kids will likely be starting off the day with a land game/activity on the grass area near the benches. Please find us there and sign in with one of the instructors.
At the end of each camp day, when you pick up your kids, please make sure you have signed them out with the instructor in charge of sign outs. We just want to make sure all the kids are accounted for. We understand that some kids may be getting to and from the camps on their own so please let us know if that is the case so we know.
Note: Please let us know if you will be missing any days / need to leave early, etc. so we know.
What should I bring to the camp?
Here is a suggested list of items to bring:
– A MUST – a jacket/rain gear, and lots of extra warm clothes to change into throughout the day if needed
– clothes to paddle in (e.g., wetsuit, athletic wear – shirts/shorts). There is definitely a chance that the kids will get wet so something that is quick drying is recommended as opposed to cotton.
– running shoes (and paddling shoes if you have any)
– lifejacket (optional) – All kids will be required to wear lifejackets. We have a lot of lifejackets at the club but if you have your own, you are welcome to bring it. Please label it with your kid’s name.
– a towel
– sunscreen / hat if sunny
– a packed lunch and snacks
– water bottle – there is a water fountain nearby if needed. I recommend labelling the water bottle as well.
– shower items – there are showers available at the community center if needed at the end of the day
What is your cancellation policy?
Our cancellation policy is:
– 90% refund of the registration fee if cancelling at least 30 days before the camp week to cover admin fees.
– less than 30 days is a 75% refund
– less than 14 days, it’s 50%.
– less than 7 days would be 0%.
If you require a refund, please contact email@example.com