In our FCRCC Adult Introduction to Paddling Course, you will learn and develop the foundational skills of the sport of Sprint Canoeing and Kayaking. Our certified coaches will help you become comfortable on the water and set you up to move into our Adult Introduction to Racing Program.
- No paddling experience required!
Goals for the course include
- Introduction to the sport, its history, and the sub-disciplines
- Learning equipment care and handling
- Acquiring fundamental balance
- Learning proper paddling positioning and posture
- Learning basic boat control
- Learning stroke foundations
- Paddling outside of Alder Bay in a sprint boat
- Improved paddling fitness
- Make some new friends and have fun!
Practice dates and times
Monthly – April to August
Courses are 4 weeks; or 3 weeks in months with Stat Holidays
1x / week – Saturday from 9:00-10:30am
4wk course – $131.25 (Inc GST)
3wk course – $98.44 (Inc GST)
Things to Bring to Practice
- Paddling shoes/sandals for walking around from boat shed to the dock
- Paddling clothes appropriate for the weather
- Additional clothes for changing into afterwards
- A towel
- Water bottle
- Your own PFD (or you can borrow one to use from the club)
- Please try and arrive 10 min prior to practice time ready to go in your paddling gear so that we can start right on time.