With the acquired balance and fundamentals from our introduction to paddling program, this program focuses on stroke refinement and racing development so that paddlers can start building up their boat speed and stroke efficiency on the water and participate in regattas.
- Must be a full member of the FCRCC club (minimum, Small Boats Membership). Please see Individual Membership for details on getting your membership.
- Adult sprint canoe & kayak – Introduction to paddling program, coach discretion to move up levels.
- Capable of paddling outside of Alder Bay in a sprint boat without falling in for a 45+min practice.
Goals for the course include
- Reviewing equipment care and handling
- Refine and maintain stroke technique
- Consolidate and refine race tactics
- Consolidate and refine team boat technique
- Self-tracking of performance
- Paddling outside of Alder Bay in a sprint boat for a 45+min practice
- Improved paddling fitness
- Make some new friends and have fun!
Practice dates and times
April 1 – Sept 17, 2023
2-3x / week – schedule to be confirmed
Plus various weekend regatta opportunities.
*CanoeKayakBC membership and regatta fees included (excluding Canadian national championships)
Use this registration link to register
Things to Bring to Practice
- Paddling shoes/sandals for walking around from the boat shed to the dock
- Paddling clothes appropriate for the weather
- Additional clothes for changing into afterwards
- A towel
- Water bottle
- Your own PFD (or you can borrow one from the club)
- Please try and arrive 10 min prior to practice time ready to go in your paddling gear so that we can start right on time.
- Please meet on the grass area outside of the canoe/kayak shed.