When coach boats are booked, teams will list their boat preference, in order, for the following:
- Two Fiberglass boats (in the creek only, east of the Burrard Marina docks) Club has two boats.
- White inflatable Walker Bay boat (in the creek only, east of the Burrard Marina docks; orientation required)
- Red inflatable (out of the creek only – not permitted for use in the creek, use only west of the on–water gas station; orientation required)
If there are multiple teams requesting the same coach boat for the same time (with two weeks’ notice), the following procedure will be used to make sharing fair:
1. Crews training in the creek (east of Vanier Park dock):
- In the case of standing, regular bookings, crews will alternate use of the desired coach boat with the other in–creek type of boat. Crews will be notified by the club 7 or more days ahead which type of boat they will have.
- In the case of a one–time booking, discussions will be had with the two teams to decide usage. For example, a younger team may concede the priority of the inflatable boat to a senior team who is less able to move the fiberglass motorboat from the boat house. In the case cooperation can’t be reached, the team who made the booking first has precedence.
2. Crews out of the creek (west of the on–water gas station):
- In the case of standing, regular bookings, crews will alternate use of the red coach boat with an available in–creek type of boat, where, if used, the crews and motorboat will be required to stay in the creek. Crews will be notified by the club administrator 7 or more days ahead.
- If a crew does not wish an in–the–creek coach boat, they can opt out, but this will not affect the alternating schedule with the other crew. If this case is season–long, a partial refund of coach boat fees may be considered.
A crew who has not formally requested a coach boat more than 2 weeks in advance, will only have a choice of the type of boat available at time of booking.
Where scheduling conflicts are foreseen, the club administrator will let all/both the requesting teams know to see if they can adjust their schedules to alleviate the conflict.